Vanilla Butter Cake with Choc Filling
123451 Rating •
This light and fluffy vanilla butter cake with choc filling and frosting is perfect for afternoon tea.
Prep time25 min
Cooking time40 min
(plus standing time)
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line two 20cm round cake pans.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half the flour to butter mixture with half the buttermilk; mix well; repeat with remaining flour and buttermilk.
- Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans. Bake for 40 minutes or until cakes spring back when pressed gently in centre. Stand cakes in pans for 10 minutes; turn out onto wire racks lined with baking paper to cool completely.
- To make Chocolate Filling & Frosting: Combine NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Milk Melts and cream in medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir; repeat in 30 second intervals until melted. Set aside until cool and thickened, stirring occasionally. Once cooled, use an electric mixer to beat choc mixture until just pale and fluffy.
- Place one of the cakes on a cake stand or serving plate; spread with half the Chocolate Filling & Frosting mixture; top with the remaining cake. Spread remaining Chocolate Filling & Frosting mixture over the top of the cake. Top with fresh berries, if desired.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox