Chocolate & Vanilla Swirl Cookies
1766.577 Ratings •
Wonderfully impressive yet to simple to make! These vanilla swirl cookies will impress even your toughest critics.
Prep time30 min
Cooking time25 min
(plus refrigeration time)
Nutritional information per serving
Energy 780 kj
Protein 2.3 g
Total Fat 7.4 g
Saturated Fat 4.6 g
Carbs 28.4 g
Sugars 16.9 g
Sodium 81 mg
Percentage Daily Intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700kJ
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160° C fan forced. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy; add eggs and vanilla beat until combined. Slowly add flour and baking powder until fully incorporated.
- Divide dough in two separate bowls, in one of the bowls add NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE 100% Cocoa, knead until combined. Cover both portions of dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In between sheets of baking paper, roll out each ball of dough to 1cm thick. Using a pastry brush, apply a little water to the cocoa layer of dough. Carefully transfer vanilla dough on top, press lightly and trim edges to form a rectangle. Gently roll dough from the wider end, brushing lightly with water on the dough as you roll it up.
- Brush the outside of the roll with water. Place 100's & 1000's on a large flat plate. Carefully lift dough log onto the sprinkle plate and roll through sprinkles, pressing lightly to help them adhere to the outside. Completely cover outside of log with 100's & 1000's. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a further 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, using a small sharp, thin bladed knife; discard the ends of log and slice dough into 30 x 1cm thick rounds or to your desired thickness. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked. Cool on trays.
TRY THIS TIP
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox