Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
123452 Ratings •
Chocolate goodness combined with hazelnuts in this GLUTEN FREE cake makes the perfect dessert for Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Christmas and other special occasions.
Prep time40 min
Cooking time85 min
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Grease and line 20cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine 1 pkt (200g) PLAISTOWE Premium Dark Chocolate that has been broken into pieces and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted; remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat until thick and creamy; fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in hazelnut meal.
- Place egg whites in same large cleaned bowl of electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form; fold one-third of egg whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining PLAISTOWE Premium Dark Chocolate pieces and cream in a microwave safe bowl; microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool until thickened and spreadable.
- Using a serrated knife, carefully slice cake in half horizontally. Spread 1/5 of chocolate mixture over base of cake, top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining chocolate over top and sides of cake, decorate with NESTLÉ Scorched Almonds.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox