Classic Neenish Tarts
3.54 Ratings •
With a creamy lemon filling, combined with white and dark chocolate icing inside a shortcake shell, these heavenly tarts are sure to impress.
Prep time20 min
Cooking time12 min
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Lightly grease 2 small patty pans.
- PASTRY: Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Fold in sifted flour and baking powder. Knead mixture lightly, shape into a ball and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry to 5mm thickness. Cut into 7cm circles and line patty pans. Prick the base of each lightly with a fork three times. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove and cool pastry cases on a wire rack, when cold fill and ice.
- FILLING: Soften butter and add sifted icing sugar, beat until smooth. Add the NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk, lemon juice and zest. Beat well and fill cooled pastry cases.
- ICING: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add milk and beat until smooth and spreadable (you may need more icing sugar). Spread half of the top of each tart with icing. Allow to set.
- Add NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa to remaining icing. Beat until smooth. Spread chocolate icing over remaining half of each tart. Allow to set.
TRY THIS TIP
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox