Hot Cross Buns
51 Rating •
If you love hot cross buns, then you will really love this twist on the Easter favourite. Packed full of yummy CHOC BITS and with a hint of orange, this will surely become your new Easter favourite.
Prep time30 min
Cooking time25 min
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease a 23cm square cake pan.
- Combine yeast, milk and sugar in a small bowl; set aside in a warm place for 10-15 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift flour and extra sugar into a large bowl. Rub in butter; make a well in the centre; add milk mixture, egg and zest; stir until just combined. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic; transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover and set in a warm area for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough, turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead in NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark CHOC BITS (Tip: this may take a few minutes, but be patient, as the taste is worth the effort!), divide and roll mixture into 16 even sized balls, arrange in prepared pan, cover, set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes or until slightly risen.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve warm out of the oven with butter, if desired.
- GLAZE: Meanwhile whilst buns are cooking; make the glaze by combining water and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened slightly. Brush over hot buns.
- CHOC TOPPING: Spoon NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Melts into a small piping bag with a small round nozzle, pipe crosses onto buns.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox