00 Rating •
Chocolate cupcakes with a rich dark chocolate buttercream topping are a hit for all occasions.
Prep time15 min
Cooking time25 min
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line 16 holes from two 12-hole (1/3 cup/80mL) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE 100% Cocoa and brown sugar into a medium bowl, pour in boiling water and stir until shiny and glossy; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and caster sugar until pale and creamy. Add vanilla into the creamed butter and sugar; add vanilla and eggs, beat until just combined. Stir in flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well. Fold in the cocoa mixture. Divide mixture evenly among prepared cases (we find using an ice cream scoop to divide mixture gives even sized cupcakes). Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make Dark Choc Buttercream; using an electric mixer, beat butter in a medium bowl until pale and creamy; add icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Melts, beat until just combined. Place into a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle and swirl over the tops of cupcakes.
- To make Choc Curls; pour NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Melts over the base of a baking tray, refrigerate until just set. Then being careful; scrape at a 45° angle using a knife to create curls. Top the cupcakes with choc curls.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox